Prayer is the most powerful weapon at the Christian’s disposal. Through prayer, the child of God can wage spiritual warfare against the plans of Satan. In fact, one of the ways you can fulfill your role in the Great Commission is to pray. Wesley Duewel said, “Prayer is your way, often the only way, to water the harvest. By prayer you can bring the Holy Spirit’s blessing on any gospel effort anywhere in the world.” Indeed, “We can reach our world, if we will. The greatest lack today is not people or funds. The greatest need is prayer.”
This prayer page is designed to help you as you pray. Please join with us in lifting FEA’s needs to the throne of grace. God wants to touch the world through your prayers!
FEA Home Office
- Workers to answer the call to missions. Two missionary applications have been received. They are being processed.
- Judy Bulson as she recovers from shoulder surgery.
- Bart Thompson is suffering from salmonella and colitis.
- Six summer interns are working on HIM fields this summer.
- Summer can be a slow time financially.
- Angela Thornton as she is working with the clinic and sharing in Bible studies.
- Glenn Gault and Wes Peterson are working on gaining financial supporters for the housing development project.
- Glenn Gault has met many new contacts on his trip to Zambia.
- Stephanie Gault’s father is continuing to recover from major surgery.
- Praise for how God is using youth to start a revival in one of the churches.
- Angela Thornton and the Petersons as they are learning the language.
- Peterson’s unspoken request.
- Eric and Hannah Kuhns are leading a youth team to Lesotho.
- Dr. McElwain as he ministers the last weekend of June to the North Kaohsiung HIM partner church in Taiwan. Pray that the Lord will make his ministry profitable to the people.
- The Manners are to return this summer to get renewed visas.
- Missy Manners’ mother’s brain tumor is starting to grow again. She is starting radiation and stopping the chemo treatments right now.
- Nathaniel Bundy is doing well in his language school, leading Bible studies, and teaching children’s Sunday School. He is being such a blessing to the Blacks.
- Praise for the Lord’s help in the launch of a new church at the HIM center in Taiwan.
- David and Christina Black as the new church is starting along with their normal responsibilities.
- Each of the five churches in Taiwan will be having English camps.
- A TLC team will be going to help with English camps along with an intern and a couple of teachers.
- A trip is being made outside of Taiwan. Pray for protection for those going.
- Jeanne Schwartz as she has bone cancer.
- Nichole Barr is busy with hiring new teachers for the university, leading a student Bible study group and preparing for a summer intern.
- The orphanage director and his family as they oversee the home.
- Mike and Daryl Hobbs had to cancel a scheduled trip due to political unrest.
- The Lighthouse churches in the Turks and Caicos.
- Guidance for the leadership of the churches there.
- Continued repairs from the hurricane damage.
- The Durhams in their English classes and street ministry.
- Praising the Lord for providing a new place for the Durhams to live.
- The Durhams have been traveling around Hungary sharing about discipleship training courses with local churches.
- James and Pamela Powell are with the Durhams right now. Vehicle troubles have caused schedule issues and extra financial strain.
- A great opportunity has opened to raise chickens to help with funding at the girl’s home in Slovakia.
- Continued ministry in the girls’ home in Slovakia. One new resident is in the process of being approved.
- Sally Sebo-Iovan’s mother as she undergoes chemotherapy.
- The Motoilovs are still waiting to receive their visas. Continue to pray as they are scheduling deputation services and in transition from serving in Africa to serving in the Czech Republic.
- The City Administration here Vyborg that have taken the Grout’s church, Church on the Rock, to court to try to take possession of the church building. The civil trial for this case was held August 21, and the three judges announced that they would declare their decision next week.
HIM Spanish Ministries
- Eric and Hannah Kuhns as they are asking for focused prayer on Tuesdays for church planting opportunities.
- The Cressmans in their hospital ministry.
- The Cressmans have moved into their new place which has allowed more ministry opportunities.
- Sid Grant as he is working with the Spanish churches in the USA.
- Eric Kuhns has been visiting and working with the Spanish churches on the foreign fields. God is helping. New churches being built, contacts being made, property purchased and new converts.
- There is protesting happening in Honduras. Pray for the political unrest of the country and for the safety of the Cressmans and the Kuhns.
- Shane Walters has finished his deputation and will be getting married this summer.
HIM Muslim Ministries
- The many Muslim communities around the world in need of salvation.
- Several interested in internship and short-term appointments.
- Jonathan and Victoria Gray will be working in Dearborn, MI, along with training for further Muslim ministry. God answered prayer for a place to live.
- Mikah Litchfield has made new contacts for teaching English to Muslim ladies.
Gospel Publishing Mission
- Joe Taylor as he makes contacts for Toyko20 and for funds to be given to enable this project.
- Several translation projects are in the works.
- A new book is being developed right now to be used for outreach at parades.
- 2,000 copies of “Buried Alive” for disaster relief have been delivered.
- Several years ago 100k books of “Is God really my Father?” was printed for Iraq. Recent contact has been made for translation into Arabic/Kurdish dialect in northern Iraq. Pray for details to come together.
- Contacts made in India are resulting in a new translation for Shepherd’s Global Classroom books and “Is God Really My Father?”.
- Contacts have been made during a book fair in Poland with many new project possibilities.
Sea Breeze Community
- Continued progress in the new Palm Missionary Guesthouse.
- It is taking time with the process.
- Hazmat will be here soon to start demolition.
- African Bees have been removed from the building.
- The Heritage Museum was moved to a new location.
- Updates are being seen around campus with apartments being revamped and updated.
To download the FEA Prayer Guide, click here.