The theological statement to which FEA subscribes and to which it expects all missionaries to affirm their allegiance is that of the conservative Wesleyan-Arminian position and embraces the following.
- The Bible, both Old and New Testament, is the inspired Word of God and is infallible and inerrant in the original autographs.
- There is one eternal God existing in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
- Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God. He was born of the Virgin Mary, died for the sins of mankind on the cross, was buried, and on the third day rose again. He is now seated at the right hand of the throne of God in heaven from whence He is coming again to receive the Church as His bride.
- The Holy Spirit is the Third Person of the Holy Trinity and is the operating agent in the redemption of mankind, the superintendent of the Church, and the abiding Comforter of the children of God.
- Man was created by the direct act of God and was made in the image and likeness of God, but through transgression fell and became depraved in nature and sinful in conduct.
- Salvation is by faith in the atoning sacrifice of Jesus Christ.
- Regeneration is the act of the Holy Spirit whereby the penitent, trusting sinner is renewed in nature, changed in conduct, and brought into the family of God.
- Entire sanctification is a second work of divine grace subsequent to regeneration wrought in the heart of the fully-yielded, trusting child of God whereby the heart is purified by faith and filled with the Holy Spirit.
- There will be a resurrection of the dead both of the saved and unsaved—the saved to eternal bliss in the presence of God and the unsaved to everlasting damnation.